Obesity is a rapidly growing global health problem. Excessive weight increases the risk of many chronic diseases. Various methods can be applied in the treatment of obesity, and one of them, gastric bypass in Turkey, is among the most effective methods for treating obesity.
What id Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Gastric bypass surgery is a type of bariatric surgery used to help obese patients lose weight. The surgery changes the digestive system by rerouting a part of the small intestine and generating a smaller stomach pouch.
The process causes the patient to feel fuller with lower food quantities, resulting in a decrease in food intake. It also alters nutrient absorption in the body. The recuperation time for the procedure varies from person to person, but it usually takes 2 to 4 weeks.
Gastric bypass in Turkey consists of two main steps:
- The initial stage of the surgery is comparable to a sleeve gastrectomy in that a smaller stomach pouch is created. The stomach is divided by the surgeon into a smaller upper pouch and a larger lower pouch. After the procedure, the smaller upper pouch, roughly the size of an egg, becomes the destination for food, dramatically limiting the quantity one may take at one time and boosting weight loss.
- Bypass: The surgeon then attaches the remaining, smaller part of the stomach directly to the jejunum, a segment of the small intestine. By doing so, the surgery avoids the more important region of the stomach as well as the first segment of the small intestine (duodenum). This bypass aids in weight loss by lowering calorie and nutrient absorption.
Bypass surgery can result in significant weight loss and may alleviate obesity-related health issues such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea. However, it is not without hazards and problems. Furthermore, maintaining weight loss and avoiding nutritional deficits necessitates long-term dietary and lifestyle modifications.
Individuals with a BMI of 35-40 or higher are usually candidates for the operation. Criteria may vary depending on healthcare providers and individual patient conditions.
Gastric Bypass Prices in Turkey and Other Countries
|UNITED STATES||$22000 - 35000|
|UNITED KINGDOM||$16300 - 17500|
|GULF COUNTRIES||$12000 - 14000|
The bypass procedure offers an effective solution to obesity, providing patients with rapid and efficient weight loss. The reduction of stomach volume and the regulation of the intestines allow patients to reach their desired weight quickly. This rapid weight loss enhances motivation, helping patients adapt to a healthier lifestyle more quickly.
Furthermore, undergoing this procedure not only ensures fast but also permanent weight loss. The reduction of stomach volume and the regulation of the intestines support the reduction of fat stores in the body. As a result, patients gain long-term health benefits and can sustain weight loss. Permanent results enable patients to positively transform their lives.
This procedure targets more than just weight loss; it aims to regulate metabolism. The decrease in stomach volume and the regulation of the intestines effectively manage the body’s energy intake. This allows patients to have a faster and more efficient metabolism, facilitating easier weight control. Metabolism regulation optimizes the weight loss process for patients and increases long-term health benefits.
Gastric Bypass and Gynecomastia
Bypass surgery can also be effective in the treatment of gynecomastia. Obesity is one of the primary causes of gynecomastia. When obesity is treated with bypass surgery, gynecomastia often improves as well.
Gastric Bypass in Turkey
Patients worldwide prefer Turkey for gastric bypass surgery due to factors that make the country an attractive destination for medical tourism. Some key reasons why people choose gastric bypass surgery in Turkey include:
- Affordable prices: Gastric bypass in Turkey is generally more economical compared to Western countries. This cost advantage attracts patients from around the world to choose Turkey.
- High-quality care: Many Turkish hospitals and clinics offering gastric bypass surgery adhere to international care and quality standards.
- Qualified surgeons: Turkey hosts numerous experienced bariatric surgeons who have received training in national and international reputable institutions. These surgeons have a successful track record in performing gastric bypass surgeries and other weight loss procedures.
- State-of-the-art technology: Hospitals and clinics in Turkey are equipped with advanced technology, allowing them to provide modern and efficient healthcare services, including bypass surgery.
- Comprehensive medical tourism packages: Turkey’s advanced medical tourism sector often offers all-inclusive packages covering medical procedures, accommodation, transportation, and other services.
- Cultural and natural attractions: In addition to medical care, Turkey provides a rich cultural history and captivating landscapes. These aspects can make the journey more enjoyable for patients and their companions. Exploring Turkey’s attractions before or after the surgery may serve as an additional incentive for some patients.
Finally, this procedure is an effective and reliable solution in the battle against obesity. Inter Life Clinic in Turkey offers patients a healthy future with its experienced team and modern facilities. For those looking to take the first step towards a healthy life and combat obesity, Gastric Bypass at Inter Life Clinic in Turkey is a trustworthy option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for gastric bypass surgery?
Gastric bypass surgery can be performed on individuals with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, or those with a BMI between 35-39.9 who have other health problems related to obesity.
What are the risks of gastric bypass surgery?
Risks of gastric bypass surgery include infection, bleeding, wound complications, gallstones, dumping syndrome, as well as vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
What are the outcomes of gastric bypass surgery?
With gastric bypass surgery, patients can lose an average of 70-80% of their excess weight. This surgery can also contribute to the improvement of other health issues associated with obesity.
Are lifestyle changes necessary after gastric bypass surgery?
After gastric bypass surgery, patients need to make lifestyle changes such as adopting healthy eating habits and regular exercise. These changes help sustain weight loss and maintain the positive results of the surgery.
How much weight is typically lost after gastric bypass surgery?
Within the first 6 months after gastric bypass surgery, patients can lose approximately 20-30% of their excess weight. This percentage gradually increases in the following years. On average, patients can lose 70-80% of their excess weight with gastric bypass surgery.